Baby massage is more than just learning a massage routine. It not only helps parents and families to bond with their new bundle of joy but also benefits baby in so many ways. Babies sleep better, they suffer less digestive issues, it helps with their development and helps you learn to communicate with your baby.
BENEFITS OF BABY MASSAGE
Did you know that parents who take a class with IAIM certified instructor learn much more than just the mechanics of a massage routine? The program involves many different styles of touch, movement, interaction and communication.
Both research and anecdotal evidence from families have shown that there are many ways that babies and families may benefit from infant massage.
They can be grouped into four categories: Interaction, Stimulation, Relief and Relaxation.
INTERACTION IN INFANT MASSAGE MAY INCLUDE
- Promotion of bonding and secure attachment
- Verbal/non-verbal communication
- Development of trust and confidence
- Using all the senses
- Feelings of love, respect, and being value
EACH MASSAGE MAY STIMULATE
- Circulatory and digestive systems
- Hormonal and immune systems
- Coordination and balance
- Learning and concentration
- Muscular development and growth
- Mind and body awareness
PARENTS MAY FIND THAT INFANT MASSAGE HELPS RELIEVE
- Gas and colic
- Constipation and elimination
- Growing pains and muscular tension
- Teething discomfort
THE MASSAGE PROMOTES RELAXATION WHICH MAY BE SHOWN THROUGH
- Improved sleep patterns
- Increased flexibility and muscle tone
- Regulation of behavioral states
- Being calm and being able to calm themselves
- Reduction in stress hormones
BENEFITS TO PARENTS OR OTHER CAREGIVERS
- Bonding with baby
- Empowering parents and building self confidence
- Knowing their baby better through non-verbal communication
- Meeting other parents and sharing experiences
- Bonding for Dad, siblings, grandparents etc
ABOUT THE COURSE
- Group Classes Maximum of 6 babies
- Age from 1 - 12 months old
- 5 sessions for 5 weeks
- Approx. 1 hour per session
- Private classes in your home available
WHO CAN JOIN?
- Babies, Mum and Dad (max 2 adults per baby per class)
- Grandparents and other caregiver welcome but one parent must be present with them. (Max 2 adults per baby per class)
- Massage Instruction
- Complimentary Massage Stroke Handouts
- 1 bottle Organic Sunflower Massage Oil (per course)
INDIVIDUAL COURSES ARE OFFERED BY JENNY OSTLING.
Group Classes (Min of 3 babies): 5 x 60mins classes (HK$1,500)
Private Classes: 1 baby - 5 x 60mins Classes (HK$4,500); 2 babies - 5 x 60mins Classes (HK$2,250 per baby)
Aromatherapy Baby Shower Workshop
Aromatherapy & Essential Oils are wonderful natural remedies that can be used for all the family. It can be used to prevent and heal many common illnesses from colds and flu to home-made natural skincare. Why not do something a little bit different for your or your friend’s Baby Shower? Learn how to use Essential Oils safely at home for your whole family and create yummy blends to take home with you.
IN THE WORKSHOP YOU WILL
• Learn in detail about 10 most useful Essential Oils - your basic home kits - that will get you started at home
• Learn about Essential Oil Safety, how to dilute correctly for different ages
• Learn how to create blends for different kinds of uses at home
• Get to make your own blends to take home or give to the Mamma to Be as gifts to help her on her birthing journey
• Have a lot of fun with your friend in a beautiful location in Central, Hong Kong
INDIVIDUAL WORKSHOPS ARE OFFERED BY JENNY OSTLING.
HK$400 per person (minimum of 6 people or HK$2,400 for whole workshop if less than 6 people)
Price includes all materials for blending plus great fact sheets on each essential oil and recipes of the blends you make.
“Thanks so much for your time and sharing of knowledge - you have really inspired me to investigate further using essential oils as a first option in treating my family.” - Emma, Hong Kong
“I had such a fun time working with Jenny to create a fabulous event for my dear friend’s baby shower. It’s our friend’s second baby, and we wanted something that would really suit her personality, interests and that she’d get tons of use out of over the years. She loves earthy, reusable and natural things, and experiences that are more than just eating cake and opening gifts with friends. This workshop hit the spot.
Jenny and I cooked up this AromaTherapy Baby Shower Concept. Jenny was great at figuring out how to make two hours fun learning about how to use essential oils for the family and pre and post birth. We all had loads of questions about how to use oils for young kids, everyday ailments and situations personal to us and she answered them all thoroughly.
We used The Sanctuary as our location and it was perfect for a morning of learning about the marvel of nature and its oils, while looking out over panoramic views of Hong Kong.
We made a special pre birth, labour and post birth kit of oils and creams for our friend. We had recipes to follow and we each got to blend one item for the little kit. At the end we all felt very enthused about using essential oils for babies and family life and that we’d learned a fantastic new life skill together. And most importantly that we helped our friend with her preparation for the birth of baby #2.
If you’re looking for a novel idea for baby shower, and you love natural products look Jenny up. She couldn’t have done it any better!” - Kate, Hong Kong
A Course in Personal Awareness (Part 1)
There is much more to the world than meets the eye. Everything we see within this world is a unique energy system. To most people they lie hidden; to some they are visible and are called an “aura”.
The different vibrations within the aura are easily tuned into, and once you have learnt to read them, the information can be utilised for our greater knowledge, overall health and well-being.
As well as being more aware of our own energies, we are then able to apply this knowledge to ‘tuning’ into the subtle energies of others, so that we may become more aware of the needs of our friends, or the animal and plant kingdoms.
This psychic information is not something that is limited to a “special” few, it is often the forgotten ability of the many and an ability waiting to be reclaimed.
This fun experiential 6-week course will introduce you to your psychic gifts, offering you an increased connection to your Self and others.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN FROM THIS COURSE
- You primary psychic gift and how to utilise it
- How to sense your aura and that of others
- How to access information held in the aura
- Controlling your aura and standing in your own power
- How chakras work and how to sense them
- Sensing colours in the aura and the messages they hold
- Magnetic/psychic healing
- The principles of spiritual healing – linking to universal energies to heal yourself and others
INDIVIDUAL WORKSHOPS ARE OFFERED BY PHIL DAVIES.
Part 1 HK$1,800 per person (minimum of 6 people or HK$10,800 for whole workshop if less than 6 people)
A Course in Personal Awareness (Part 2)
This 6-week course leads us on a deeper understanding of the spirit within. Our spirit within is the essence of our true self that took the decision to incarnate into this physical reality to assist the Soul in its experience of the Divine Presence. Throughout the course we will be working with the programming and belief structures that we have built throughout our lifetime that has reduced our connection to this beautiful essence.
This course will give you valuable tools and insights for working through self-imposed restrictions and identifying where the ego ends and the spirit within begins.
Developing a good relationship and strong connection to your Spirit-within is a vital step in progressing along your spiritual pathway.
Includes coursework, one individual 1 hour attunement/assessment and support.
INDIVIDUAL WORKSHOPS ARE OFFERED BY PHIL DAVIES.
Part 2 HK$2,400 per person (minimum of 6 people or HK$14,400 for whole workshop if less than 6 people)
“I really enjoyed the course, it gave me the confidence and skills to empower myself. I know everyone thought, “I am not sure I can achieve that.” But with your knowledge, guidance and kindness, we did in our own unique ways. You made me realise that there are many amazing gifts of a spiritual nature that are our birthright, and we are, if we want, free and able to claim them. Thank you for opening the door for me.” - Ingrid G, Hong Kong
“I was part of the Personal Awareness group led by Phil in Hong Kong. This was a fantastic opportunity to learn about a wide range of different aspects of spirituality in a very warm and welcoming environment. Phil’s workshops were a lot of fun, informative and very hands-on, with plenty of opportunity to experiment and try out techniques of visualisation, picking up on images in a partner’s mind, aura healing and meditation. Something I remember particularly well was his light-hearted but passionate approach and the way in which he was almost self-effacing yet deeply knowledgeable. I feel I gained a lot from the workshops and have found meditation workshops with him since to be really rewarding and enjoyable. Definitely recommended!” - Fiona M, Hong Kong←view more services